How to play protected movie/video on Samsung Galaxy S2
When putting and streaming movies and videos to Samsung Galaxy S2 for playing back, people take it for granted that they have the full access and control of the things they purchased, like iTunes movies and videos you bought or rent. However, copying iTunes movies to Galaxy S2 is a success, watching iTunes movies on Galaxy S2 is a blue moon. Why? How?
It is DRM protection. DRM can not stop users putting iTunes movie to an Android devices like Samsung Galaxy S2, but it stops an Android Device playing iTunes movies- that’s why you get gray screen when trying to play an iTunes movie on Galaxy S2. To have the full access and control of your purchased iTunes videos, movies, and TV shows, you need professional DRM removal tool that convert iTunes DRM-protected contents to DRM-free videos for Samsung Galaxy S2. Here it mainly provides an easy solution on how to get rid of DRM and convert iTunes movie to Galaxy S2 friendly file type.
Required DRM Removal Software: Pavtube ChewTune – A piece of easy-to-use and intuitive DRM remover and converter software.
Download a trial from here: iTunes movies/videos to Galaxy S2 Converter (Windows 7 only)- a trial puts watermark on converted videos.
Simple Guide for Newbies:
Preparation for conversion: change iTunes options:
1. Start up iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY.
2. Select the movies you’d like to convert, right click and select “Get Info”.
3. In the “Multiple Item Information” window, switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK”.
Now you’re ready to remove DRM from iTunes moives with the powerful iTunes to Android Converter.
1. Make Sure the iTunes DRM files to Galaxy S2 Converter installed and run. Then drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the software.
2. Choose best video format for Samsung Galaxy S2. You can choose “H.264 Video (*.mp4)” in “Common Video” category Or “Motorola Droid (X) H.264 Video (*.mp4)” in “Android” category.
PS: Both of them work well on Galaxy S2. Morover, H.264 .mp4 video play well on all the tablets on market (iPad, Galaxy Tab, PlayBook, Xoom, Iconia Tab, HP TouchPad, Eee Pad Transformer, HTC Flyer, etc). And it’s also a streaming media format, meaning you can stream Galaxy S2 H.264 .mp4 video to HDTV via HDMI.
Tip: You can click on On “Settings” you can set bitrate as 1500 kbps, resolution as 800×480 and frame rate as 30 fps to help you get Galaxy S2 supported video in a good balance between video quality and file size. (Please remember the higher bitrate, the better video quality while the larger file size.)
3. Click “Convert” button to start iTunes M4V movies to H.264 MP4 conversion for Galaxy S2. Remember: The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
After the process above finished, you can click “open” button to locate the DRM-free movies. Now you’re ready to transfer/stream/play DRM-free iTunes movies on Samsung Galaxy S2 anytime and everywhere.
If you have lots of 1080p/720p video in MKV, TiVo, VOB, AVI, MPG/MPEG, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MOD, TOD, MXF etc fomat, and wanna play them on your Samsung Galaxy S2, you can try this Galaxy S2 Video Converter.
- How to transfer media files(Video/Music/Image) to Galaxy S2 Via Samsung Kies
- Stream/Transfer VOB movies to Samsung Galaxy S2 for playback
- Stream and Play DVD VOB Movies on Samsung Galaxy S2
- Best DVD to Galaxy S2 Converter-Rip DVD Movie to H.264 MP4 video for Galaxy S2
- Stream/Transfer Blu-ray 1080p movies to Galaxy S2 for playback with HD quality